Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crypto and Filing with basic. Wanna know what I just learned?

Not really sure about the discussion format on here, but I'm curious if anyone else has paid for the program and has come to realize that you now have to upgrade because there are forms that are absent? I feel a bit betrayed in that I've never had a problem sneak up on me like this. I simply don't have the cash to upgrade and I wont for a while. This couldn't have happened at a worse time. and all I can say is, what the hell do I do now?

4 Replies

In order to help our customers, get the best outcomes on their tax returns, we have made changes to TurboTax Online. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information:

Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Pffff That's not an answer its a swindle. And i'm glad I was able to fall into this little trap because it will stop others from falling into it as well. 

***IF YOU HAVE DISPOSED OF CRYPTO ASSETS AND USE TURBO TAX TO FILE YOUR RETURN.  DO NOT USE THE STANDARD PROGRAM BECAUSE THE FORM. THATS RIGHT F. O. R. M. SINGULAR. THE FORM IS INTENTIONALLY ABSENT FROM THE SECOND LEAST EXPENSIVE VERSION OF THIS PROGRAM. 

Seeing as I find this kind of unethical practice to be borderline criminal activity. (And I really don't care what differing opinions might suggest is the case, in their opinion) I will be terminating my use of this service in the future. 

This is a con job, plain and simple. And I don't do business with swindlers.

Well this just keeps getting better and better. SO! I did the most rational thing and paid for the upgrade, because the program told me that Deluxe does not have the form I need to file my taxes properly. Now that I have the program I am told was needed, do you think anything has changed? Has this form magically appeared somewhere on the program? NO!!!!!!!!!!! NO IT HAS NOT! AND NOW IM PISSED OFF!

I expect this kinda **bleep** from H&R Block, but not here. Where's the F***ing form for filing crypto? 

Can you please tell me what version of TurboTax you currently are in as you said you updated so that you can enter the Crypto?  

Thank you.