Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Releve 2 (RL-2) with matching T4A NOT living in QC

I moved from Quebec to Ontario, but worked in Ontario for the whole year which means I only have a T4 and all goes well until I try to enter my T4A. Along with my T4A I received a Relevé 2 (RL-2) since when a lump-sum from my pension plan needed to be paid out I still lived in Qc. Which means taxes were deducted both federally and provincially (hence the RL-2).

So here's the question: I can enter the T4A easily, but where do I enter the RL-2, or at least the info from it? I can't seem to have access to the RL-2 input form since my residency is in On (when I switch it to Qc. the form is right there, but it makes me file in Qc). I need to somewhere put that some taxes were deducted by Revenu Qc, do I do it separately or just add all the Qc (box J) and Fed (box 22) and put it in box 22 of my T4A?

7 Replies

@tonytal - In previous posts, you had indicated you were using the downloaded software: Please go to FormsView, as you are using the downloaded version of the software.

• From EasyStep - look top right corner in the blue area - Click on "Forms" - from there look at the bottom of your screen - you will see your name, Forms & Tslips - click on Tslips - from there you will see Federal Slips - Receipts - Quebec Slips. Click on Quebec slips, and you will have the option to enter your Relevé 2 there.
  • To go back to EasyStep - top of screen blue area you will see - New-Open-Save & Easy Step, click on it to bring you back to EasyStep.
SpencerEkman
Returning Member

This is an error that I receive when I do this: 

There was no option for doing this process for the T4A, so I put it in a T4 as shown. Is this correct?

Should it be a new T4 or a T4 that I have already submitted? 

turbotax.PNG

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

I was able to duplicate your situation with no error found.

To prevent sharing your private information in this public forum, please contact the support team:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful

Filing my 2023 taxes using TurboTax Online.  Moved back to ON from QC Sept 2023.  My wife was receiving her ON teachers pension in QC, and QC was naturally collecting their taxes from her pension at the source.  I now have a Releve 2 as well as T4A, and am unclear where to enter the Releve 2 data.  I am also unclear if something will need to be filed/mailed directly to QC tax dept?  or will a normal Netfile (if its still called that) of my taxes achieve the desired goal?  In the end, I think QC either has to return this Releve 2 money to my wife so she can forwarded most of it to the ON govt, or QC has to transfer the appropriate amounts back through the feds so they can disperse it properly?  

Any help is appreciated!

All you need to do is capture and report the QC tax paid, so in TurboTax Online here's what you will do: 

First, use the option for "l worked in QC" 

2nd: create a new T4 for with box 10 set to QC and enter the amount paid on the RL-2 as tax paid in the box E appearing at the bottom on the T4 with nothing else on the T4. Hence, nothing is reporting as a T4 to CRA: 

By doing this, the QC tax will be reported and the rest of the entries are accurate. 

Thanks Susan!  I read the workaround and tried it.  It seems to work so far.  Hopefully we'll have no errors or issues down the road.  However, presenting Releve 2 (Pension income) on a T4 slip (employment income) and entering Releve 2 box J data into a Box E is still very clumsy IMO, and should be fixed up.  Worth noting that UFILE has this option for Box J clearly presented within the T4A fields as shown below.  Might be worth sharing this with your team.How non Quebec residents enter Quebec taxes paid.How non Quebec residents enter Quebec taxes paid.

Thank you for your feedback we appreciate it.