Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net self-employment income shows 0$ ?

My net income has the right amount in form T2125, but shows 0$ on line 13500. Why is line 13500 not updated automatically? Because of this I get an error code 93 and can't file online.

4 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I am extremely disappointed with your customer service. I spoke with three agents at that number and nobody could help me. They confirmed they couldn't see any mistakes in my tax report and the technical team couldn't solve the technical problem. They told me I needed a 1:1 appointment with a tax advisor, for which I had to pay for. They told me someone would call me within 72 hours to book an appointment, but I never received any phone call. I decided to do my tax report with Wealthsimple and I can only say good things about them now. You can be sure I will go for Wealthsimple next year as well.

lamifer

I had the same problem - I started work as self-employed in July and had entered the fiscal year starting at that date, ending Dec. 31, 2021. When I changed to a full calendar year my income (FINALLY!!) showed up in my income summary. Whew!

Start date of business vs. start of fiscal year and where each is used could be better explained. Fiscal year description said it could be shorter than one year. I ended self-employment at end of year and had selected that my business closed so it should have allowed a partial year. 

tax101qs

this is helpful! I've been trying to make this line work for weeks now..!

Although, it's obvious that Turbotax should fix this glitch. It is not reflecting the correct fiscal period of the business which can be misleading.