Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

T5008 and Netfile



I just bought some stocks this year. I imported the data from the CRA for the T5008 however it wants to put them either as capital gains or investments. Which is neither how do I get around this so I can netfile?

1 Reply
zo  mohammady
Level 6

T5008 and Netfile

This information slip reports the amount paid or credited to you for securities you disposed of or redeemed during the year. These transactions may be on account of income or capital. So it should be one of them .

Click the T-Slips button, select the  T5008 slip.  Click on the  "type of income" line for the T5008 that was imported. Then select the type of income.

T5008 Statement of Securities Transactions 

Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.