Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdmurdoch

Why does a red circle with a line through it come up when I go to click Netfile

14 Replies

When you see that, it means that NETFILE is disabled- Please verify the following:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647743

GJHTT

I have cleared all the warnings in the review section,  none of the CRA red flags applies, still don't know why access to Netfile is disabled in Turbotax with the red circle plus /  when attempting to select that option over paper - have been using TurboTax for over 20 years to Netfile. Please help!

INS2019

Hello, I have the same issue. Did you find out why? , Thanks 

INS2019

Hello, We dont meet any of these conditions, Still, Turbotax does not allow us to NETFILE. What else could be the reason ?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download and it’s not allowing you to NETFILE (even though you are eligible), you can try uninstalling & reinstalling the program using the installer from our website. It will not delete any of your returns. This FAQ tells you how: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/navigating-turbotax/help/how-do-i-update-turbotax-if-...

ottawa_ian
Returning Member

I uninstalled and reinstalled TurboTax.  I still have the same issue.  I am unable to select to NetFile.  I do not see any errors or other information indicating why this behaviour in the application.  My spouse in the same return file is able to select NetFile.

I am having the exact same issue as well ... NETFILE is disabled for my return but is enabled for my wife's return (both done together).

I have also noticed that when I tried to print my return for my own files, or save as PDF, I get an error saying that some government forms may not be the final forms, but there does not seem to be an update available (my download is up-to-date with all available updates applied).

Could this be causing the issue with NETFILE being disabled? And when will the update with final forms be available ???

I have the exact same issue. Reported it already under subject: can not netfile.

This must be a bug or some weird unknown CRA requirement that all of a sudden, after 15 years of filing online w/o problems, is not allowing us to go ahead.

bife52
Returning Member

I have exactly the same problem. A super basic return, one spouse's filed no problem the other has a red circle with a line through it. No Warnings or errors. everything checks out. Have uninstalled and re-installed the program. Made sure it's up to date. Is this a program error?