Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Mar 10, 2024 9:52:52 AM

Schedule 3 warning on filing

I get this warning when trying to file my taxes: On Schedule 3, indicate if you disposed of a property that was owned for less than 365 days.

Cannot find where the error is being generated. Clicked through the tax return and have NO checked for having sold any property

0 10 2170
10 Replies
Mar 10, 2024 11:12:52 AM

Is there anything on Schedule 3? Do you have any T5, T5013, T4PS, T3 or T5008 slips?

Mar 10, 2024 4:40:10 PM

Yes. I have a T5 in my return. From my high interest savings.

Mar 11, 2024 10:10:37 AM

Double check that you've entered everything on the T5 slip correctly. 

Also, if this message is a warning (not an error), then you can ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. 

Mar 22, 2024 8:26:26 PM

I have the same problem and I cannot summit online, it does not allow me to continue until this is fixed.

Mar 23, 2024 11:53:55 AM

@Stan2636 If this message is a warning (not an error), then you can ignore it if it doesn't apply to you. 

Mar 28, 2024 12:19:40 PM

Go to Forms mode, Search for form Schedule 3, Scroll to the bottom there is a question that asks if you flipped say NO there and error will go away

Apr 27, 2024 4:14:14 PM

I am getting this Error in the online version and there I don't know how to change schedule 3.

sold a property less than 365 days after buying it

Apr 27, 2024 4:28:30 PM

@johnbillwishart What is the exact message that you are getting? Is it an error or a warning? Did you claim the property as your principal residence?

Apr 28, 2024 9:33:57 AM

Sorry I figured out he answer, so I am not able to copy the entire error now.

Although I use the online version for it's convenience, when an error is created it is stupidly difficult to get back to the exact spot the error was made.

Please raise the issue that having no access to "Forms"  in the online version disallows personal trouble shooting,

I found the error under Income / Residential Property Flipping / For any property (or right to acquire a property) you sold, did you own it for less than 365 days before selling it?

This question defaults to "yes" which is to my mind wrong.

Being lazy and using the "Robot " to ask questions leaves big gaps in my memory of where the error might have been made by ME.

Bring back access to Forms so I can see the detail.

Jun 1, 2024 5:29:22 PM

On Schedule 3, indicate if you disposed of a property that was owned for less than 365 days.

I received the same error when NETFILING, used one of the users advice went to Schedule 3 and said No to the question if I sold the property within less than 365 days.... and the Warning went away..., I had to do it for both myself and my husband

I was concerned a lot since neither of us has any Tax slip T3 or T5 

Thank you from the bottom of our heart to the user who suggested that !!!!