software issues - will not print or save pdf; will...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EAnn
Level 2

software issues - will not print or save pdf; will not allow netfile

As of today, Mar 2, 2020, software updates (Standard version 2020; Windows 10) were completed.  After entering all data and finalizing return, software will not allow me to print a pdf, save a pdf, or go beyond that stage to netfile.  Continues to give message that not all government forms are up to date (in spite of there being no additional updates available).   Last week, on February 22, email received from TurboTax announced that netfile was now available.  There were several updates issued after that date, including an update to the .exe file.  Something is wrong with the updates!!!  This is a huge inconvenience.  Speaking with a TurboTax resulted in nothing other than to have a ticket raised.  I am a long time user of TurboTax but am seriously considering other options in order to complete this year's tax season on time!!

4 Replies
tie2s
Returning Member

I have exactly the same issue today.  I was able to save and netfile my wife’s return, but when i try to do mine, I cannot print, save or netfile my return.  I get the same error message re: need for update on my return only but not on my wife’s return.

I have been using netfile for a number of years now.  My tax situation has not changed from previous years.  The error message I am getting re: need for update does not make sense at all.  I have even uninstalled and then reinstalled the app but same result.  There must be some major bug that’s impacting a lot of users now and soon and cannot file.

TurboTax Support - Fix this soon please otherwise you will be flooded with complaints from filers!  THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE!

joeruzsa

I have the same frustrating problem, I have been trying to Netfile for the past 10 days. Same results always.  Turbotax canada has a major problem here, and NO help in site.

Can you get this FIXED ???? Please !!  I have been a turbotax customer since 2005, should this be my last year.

RSVP

Regards 

Joseph

EGAB

I am having this identical frustrating infuriating problem. I can save my husband's tax file to pdf but cannot save mine. Please fix this as I need to file these returns asap and cannot. I have been through the TOSI issue, fixed all other items but it refuses to close open forms and save. I get the dreaded "At the time of manufacturing,....." error message.

Treball79
Returning Member

Has there been any solutions to this at all? I've gone through this problem as well, and it would seem to me that there's some issue with importing last years data. I started to do our returns again and imported the data from last year and tried to just save the return right away, and got the error message about forms not being complete until Jan 2021.  I would prefer not to go and input all the information from last year again...but it's looking like maybe that's the answer? I'd hate to go through it all and have it still give me grief. 

v