Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
temo

Is there a way for turbo tax to disable the optimization feature when filing 2 returns for myself and spouse?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there a way for turbo tax to disable the optimization feature when filing 2 returns for myself and spouse?

There is no global "override" of the optimizations between returns when preparing your return at the same time as that of your spouse. You can override some individual optimizations; just reply back with what credit and/or deductions you're interested in overriding.

To opt out of all optimizations, the easiest thing would be to prepare your returns separately from each other. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

For clarification, are you using the online version or a downloaded version? Also what edition of software? Ie: Standard, Premier.

There is no global "override" of the optimizations between returns when preparing your return at the same time as that of your spouse. You can override some individual optimizations; just reply back with what credit and/or deductions you're interested in overriding.

To opt out of all optimizations, the easiest thing would be to prepare your returns separately from each other.