Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdhayes2004
Returning Member

TT rejected my Federal and State 2019

I efiled my 2019 Federal and State income tax yesterday.  After I filed, I received an email stating that my Federal return was rejected and TT will help me walk thru the steps to fix.  Reason for rejection was my 2018 AGI doesn't match their records and I need to correct the amount.  I check my 2018 return and the amount was right, so I reentered it and sent it back thru.  My State was also rejected because the Federal was rejected.  It has been sent thru at least 4 times and still rejects.  Anyone have this issue and how can I fix it?

3 Replies

I filed today, we always file jointly. It said use line 7 from 1040. Did that, rejected also.... somehow I'm suppose to guess what they were individually???

PapaCod

I'm having the same problem.  I've downloaded the info from the IRS website, double-checked the AGI, and re-submitted the return by efile.  Still rejected.  I did NOT efile my state return, but sent it by mail.

PapaCod

If you file jointly, you simply use the AGI for you both, as entered on your tax return.  No splitting necessary.