Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax keeps asking me to confirm spouses net income and will not let me file? anyone else have this problem?

5 Replies

TurboTax keeps asking me to confirm spouses net income and will not let me file? anyone else have this problem?

If the “Fix” is not working through the Review, you can try to fix it by going back to the original spot in the interview.

In TurboTax Online, click on “Additional Information about [Spouse’s Name]” under “Setting Up”. Make sure that “Was Spouse's net income for 2018 zero?” is answered correctly. Click “Continue” or “Save” and then try to file again by clicking on “CRA Online Mail” under “File” and continuing from there.

In TurboTax CD/Download Easy Step Mode, click on “Information about your spouse or partner” under “Introduction”. Make sure that “Is your spouse/partner's net income zero? is answered correctly. Click “Continue” or “Save” and then try to file again by clicking on “NETFILE or Print” under “File” and continuing from there.

This issue has repeated for 2019. However, there does not seem to be a way to go back to set this up properly. Please help!

You should be able to go back to your personal interview section of your return. If you can't, can you please advise us where you are stuck or what issue you are having.

Hi there - I seem to be having the same issue as the folks above for 2021.

I am doing a combined spouse turbo tax return. I got to the warnings / errors section and it said I needed to fix my spouse net income is greater than zero. Her income is greater than zero but it was saying there was an error when I said "No" to that question. I changed it to "Yes" to test if the warning would go away and it did but that question is now entered incorrectly. 

Now, I can not find where that question was asked during my return. 

I have clicked through the entire interview from top to bottom and that question does not come up again. Please help! 

In TurboTax Online, click on “Additional Information about [Spouse’s Name]” under “My Info”. Make sure that “Was Spouse's net income for 2021 zero?” is answered correctly. Click “Continue” or “Save” and then try to file again by clicking on “CRA Online Mail” under “File” and continuing from there.

In TurboTax CD/Download Easy Step Mode, click on “Information about your spouse or partner” under “Introduction”. Make sure that “Is your spouse/partner's net income zero? is answered correctly. Click “Continue” or “Save” and then try to file again by clicking on “NETFILE or Print” under “File” and continuing from there.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.