Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 4:42:04 PM

Turbotax showed CRA records indicate they have already received my file. Does that mean they have started the process of my return

I tried to submit Netfile after I submitted the returns on paper, and Turbotax showed CRA records indicate they have already received my file. Does that mean they have started the process of my return

0 5 1669
5 Replies
Level 2
Oct 30, 2019 4:42:06 PM

Yes, they are in process of finalizing your tax assessment. The average processing time for returns submitted via NETFILE is 2 weeks. Paper filers can expect to wait about 8 weeks to have their returns processed.

Oct 30, 2019 4:42:07 PM

Thank you for the answer. Basically, it’s my first return and I sent all documents by mail after that I tried to submit Netfile and I got the message from Turbotax. I just wanted to make sure they have started the process and received my files.
In this case, I still can think CRA has started the process?

Level 2
Oct 30, 2019 4:42:08 PM

Just to make sure, you can call CRA Individual Inquiry: 1-800-959-8281

Oct 30, 2019 4:42:10 PM

I’ve already called and asked, but the agent cannot have access to the information untill Tax centre completes my return.

Level 2
Oct 30, 2019 4:42:11 PM

As long as they can verify that, they have received your return, let CRA take its time. Multiple calls always help.