Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What is error t4401 when trying to finish return ?how can I correct?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Please try saving the file to a different location on your hard drive or with a different name. You can do this by choosing File> Save As from the top left corner.

You can also try renaming the .ttbk file to .tt18 – the .ttbk is the backup file, and it may have save the changes you made to your file.

Also, if you installed the software from the CD, to prevent further issues, you should uninstall it and then use the download from our website to reinstall the software. You can download TurboTax from here: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3001486

Unfortunately, if you can't save it, you'll have to start over. If the return is close to being finished, you can also try NETFILE it. You won't have the file, but you can save the PDF archive at least.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted

Please try saving the file to a different location on your hard drive or with a different name. You can do this by choosing File> Save As from the top left corner.

You can also try renaming the .ttbk file to .tt18 – the .ttbk is the backup file, and it may have save the changes you made to your file.

Also, if you installed the software from the CD, to prevent further issues, you should uninstall it and then use the download from our website to reinstall the software. You can download TurboTax from here: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3001486

Unfortunately, if you can't save it, you'll have to start over. If the return is close to being finished, you can also try NETFILE it. You won't have the file, but you can save the PDF archive at least.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1

Why have the comments been removed others should be aware of the dis-satisfaction otherwise you should shut down the comment site. As the expression goes "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen".

Tont

Highlighted
Level 1

If I remove the program will I lose all the data from 2019 tax year or just the persons that did notsave properly?

Highlighted

I have TT Standard 

I deleted the CD version, loaded from your link -- it did not ask for my key code, and when I run TT, I get the same error

Please help