Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

What to do if receive an ammended T4 but has not file taxes yet?

I received two original T4s from my employer and got one ammeded T4, what should I do? The first original T4  is for a greater sum than the ammeded T4 and the second original T4 for a lesser sum than the ammended. This was because I had one position with a higher pay during the first semester of the year and a second position with lower pay for the remainder of the year.


However, the company realized that by mistake they paid me in both positions for a few months in the second semester. This is why they have to issue an ammended T4. I refunded the company the over payment.


My understanding is that I should report the ammended T4 that reflects my income for the first semester and the original T4 that reflect my income for the second semester.


Makes sense?

1 Reply

What to do if receive an ammended T4 but has not file taxes yet?

Yes, you use the Find tool to look for "T4", and then go back and change the T4 to reflect the amended slip.