After you file

Along with the current amended 2017 tax I'm waiting to be finalized, I also submitted an amendment for the year prior to it at the same time ~Oct, 2019, both were received in close proximity to each other and acknowledged on the IRS website for status.

The 1040X for the year that did not involve a missed 1099, 2016 and was submitted along with the other simply because I discovered that changing the filing to a joint filing for both would net me a significant increase in refund received for both years, was processed on time, within the 16 wk time frame given at that time just prior to the pandemic shut down. The difference in comparison to what you have stated, is that I received my check before I received the notice that you are speaking of stating the adjustment has been made. I would expect you to receive your check in close proximity to that notice, ~ one week.

Although I'm still waiting for the 2017 1040x to be processed, I did receive a notice last week also confirming that they do have the documents received in March 2022 (The second submission after hearing nothing for nearly 8 mo after the initial appeal in June 2021.  It states if not completed in 90 days, they will contact me in regards to the delay. Keep in mind Nov 2022 will be the 3 yr anniversary for this amended tax, which is not a complicated adjustment. None the less, the time it's taking is worth the amount involved.