After you file

mesquitebean, thank you. I understood the difference between "EFTPS" and "EFT" at the time of tax prep at least in my mind. However I now believe that I thought I was setting up an EFTPS access at that time when entering the information into Turbotax Desktop. (I do have an EFTPS account now, set up after and PIN supplied by EFTPS.) My EFTPS account does not show a scheduled payment when I checked it just now. The Federal Information Worksheet form does show my info for a direct debit scheduled for a date in the future. However the Return Summary and Filing Instructions both state, "Your federal tax return (Form 1040) shows a balance due of $." which would not be accurate since I do have a balance due. This seems like a possible software hiccup. The Filing Instructions mention sending 1040-V with that blank payment. There is no mention of a scheduled direct debit transaction on those two forms, only on the Federal Information Worksheet. Until the ACH transaction does occur (or not) on that date very close to the April 15 deadline, it appears I may not know for certain.