Deductions & credits

Thanks for your reply.  I previously did what you said about answering the TurboTax "Do you have any community property adjustments?" question with a "No" response.  When I completed my full 2023 draft tax filing, TurboTax did NOT show the 8958 in any of the reviewable/printable filing versions (Basic, with Govt worksheets, or with All worksheets).   It appears the coders at TurboTax agree with you.

As background for everyone, I had some frustrating observations that complicated my situation to the point of needing to crowd-source my earlier 8958 question (I wish it were simple):

- Pub 555 and the IRS does not state anywhere "If you meet the MFS-SLAAY criteria then you do not need to submit form 8958."  It would be SO EASY for the gov't to do so and preclude this communications void.

- Last year (2022), using TurboTax, I had the exact same MFS-SLAAY situation, however, TurboTax forced me to complete the 8958, otherwise it gave me perpetual errors.  So I was forced to file it in 2022, with no adjustments (useless).  I can't understand why the inconsistency in TurboTax expert system software...it added to the fog of this situation. 

I hate tax season.

Thank again for helping...