You have entered an invalid industry code. this is coming up and I have not even entered anything.... How do I fix this

Getting started

If you have entered an amount from a T4A slip - Box 20 0r 48, you will need to enter some basic information on the T2125 - Statement of Business Activities in order to successfully NetFile.

Look for you 2022 Industry code here: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

karrinah

Getting started

This isn't helpful. The system has an industry code bug

Getting started

You can search for your Industry code on this Stats Canada webpage: https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=1369825

The codes are updated every few years and were most recently updated in 2022. So, if your code is not working, it may have changed.

Getting started

The code hasn't changed, there's clearly a bug in TT software. 

Any suggestions how to overcome this? Will I be able to file my IT with this error and not be flagged by CRA if I proceed with filing?

kh998

Getting started

I am having the same issue and i have triple checked the industry codes - It also will not let me netfile with the error flag continuing to show up. Any help?

thanks

Getting started

What is the industry code you are using and what is the exact error message that you are getting?

Getting started

Industry code 453220

Message reads: you have entered an invalid industry code

br221

Getting started

I am receiving the same error, tried a number of different industry codes that are valid, it changes the code in the correct field but the error continues to come up.  My original code was 454110 and tried to change it to 414100

Hobbylinc

Getting started

Although this post is from 2019 it will be an issue in 2023 for anyone with internet businesses.  The problem is TT does not list any codes for Non-Store business ( i.e internet business) If you change the code to something other than internet related it works.  This is definitely an error in the TT software.  I suppose the options are either change it to an incorrect code or file by mail. Seems like a pretty big oversite by intuit.  Guess I'll wait a few days and hope they update something before the 15th.