bsimsonvr

TurboTax2018_Build7006.exe will not install.

TurboTax2018_Build7006.exe will not install on my high-end windows notebook. 

I've asked for help when an earlier version would not install. The help question was ignored and after a few days removed from this forum. 

Why is this problem not being addressed? It feels like the forum admin is intentionally deleting questions that they are unable to answer. 

Please submit this problem to your coders for correction. I would be happy to provide more details on request.

Bernd

Getting started

Is there a message being displayed when you attempt to install?

Please follow this link and try to download your version of TurboTax directly from there. (You'll need the Installation Key Code (IKC) which was included with the package you purchased). https://turbotax.intuit.ca/product/download/index.jsp

If you are still unable to install the software, please contact our Customer Support team for assistance. 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

bsimsonvr

Getting started

The Windows "User Account Control" comes up.
On answering yes (to install), the box disappears and then nothing happens.

Bernd

Getting started

This is happening to me as well.

Getting started

@bsimsonvr @mjobanputra Please follow the above instructions to contact our Support Team. When you do get through to a phone agent, you'll need to advise them that this matter requires an "escalation".

Getting started

@TurboTaxKim I managed to install it on my laptop and finished my taxes. One clue you might want to look into: On my desktop, for the 2017 taxes, it installed, but had an issue downloading my t5008 and t5 from CRA. I didn't have this issue with the 2018 install on my laptop. The software installed, AND was able to communicate with the CRA site as well. On my desktop, I have Avast. I tried disabling Avast to install the 2018 tax program and it made no difference.

Getting started

Thank you so much for this feedback. I will pass this information on to the development team. Glad you were able to complete your return :smile::smile:
bsimsonvr

Getting started

I also decided to bypass the installation problem by installing it on another computer.
I'll leave it for someone else to figure out why it doesn't install on some machines.
Bernd