Hi I got a new phone and I'm trying to add the Google multifactor Authenticator code to it. I can't find the MFA settings in my account settings. Please advise.

Getting started

Are you looking for the settings on your phone or on TurboTax App?

Jlan99

Getting started

Hi Brenda the issue I face is with the redesigned turbotax website. It no longer shows the link or section to update my MFA settings. Please advise where I can find those settings in the 2019 Turbotax CANADA website. Thanks

Getting started

If you had used TurboTax last year and have signed back into the same account- The Authentication won't change. 

Did you create a new account?

Getting started

I'm having the same issue with setting up a new phone - when the Authenticator app transfers to a new phone, it's blank.  So we need a link in our account to scan for the new phone. 

Communiteering
Returning Member

Getting started

Hi Brenda,

For this issue, it appears that over the last fear years, the TurboTax team changed where the account/security settings are located/accessible.

Logging in with the same account does not show an option to edit the 2FA settings.

I just had a long chat with a lovely customer support person who escalated the issue with the dev team.

It appears that at some point, access to the 2FA settings was removed from the UI, and many users are left with active 2FA tokens and are unable to transfer their token to a new device.

Hopefully with the issue escalated, it won't take too long to bring the 2FA settings back.

I believe they will be posting/updating these threads with any new information regarding the issue.

Getting started

Did this ever get resolved? I have a new phone arriving tomorrow, and will lose my current 2FA number shortly.

Communiteering
Returning Member

Getting started

I just checked my settings and it looks like you can easily update your 2FA options in the Intuit Account Manager now.

Getting started

I logged in as if to do my taxes, using the send code via text message option.   Then if you scroll down to the bottom of the left hand side, your account settings are there.  You can then turn off TFA and turn it back on to load a new one to the  new phone.