Akera

Keep getting Err 038 when trying to create an ARC account

It is my first time filing tax returns.I keep getting ERR.038 when I try to create an account on ARC. I read that before it used to be that the first time you file your tax returns has to be via mail then you can do it online but it changed in 2017 and now even your first time can be done online so I am at a loss at the reason of this issue.

Getting started

Please call the CRA 1 800 959 8281. They will be able to assist you with this error.

nishant8721
Returning Member

Getting started

@Akera were you able to resolve the error? can you please describe why and what is causing such error based on your experience.

Dane007

Getting started

Hi, did you resolve this problem. I am also getting same error and I did send my tax returns month ago trough account.

Getting started

Hi,Did u resolve the problem?I keep getting error 038 when I input SIN .It’s been a month since I filed my first tax1, still receive no email ,no mail of NOA.

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

Getting started

This is a CRA issue, please contact CRA 1800-959-8281.

Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic, the call volume is more than usual. And their return process time os longer.

You can check the estimated time to process your return using the CRA link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/check-cra-processing-times.htm...

I hope this was helpful

Getting started

Have the same problem need help

Getting started

Did you resolve it and what did you do? Have the same problem

Getting started

This is a CRA issue, please contact CRA 1-800-959-8281.

Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic, the call volume is higher than usual therefore their return process time is longer.

The Canada Revenu Agency link below explains the reason and/or the action required for the various error codes you might see. 

Responding to error codes

Getting started

Yeah called this place 10 times their is never A PLACE and if there is ONE you have to wait 2hours for even NOT A REPOND!!!!What a nice place to receive HELP for probleme THAT  YOU CRA caused.