Importing your data

First, follow the instructions on our TurboTax FAQ: In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information (personal details, carry forward amounts, etc.)...

If you used TurboTax Online last year:

1. Visit the TurboTax website.
  2. Enter your credentials (the same as you used last year) and select Sign In.
  3. On the Great to see you again! screen, select Start a new return from the menuthen choose your preferred TurboTax Online product, and select Continue.
  4. On the How did you do your taxes last year? screen, select TurboTax Online, then Continue.
  5. On the Hello again! We're so glad you're back screen, select Yes, then Continue.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed through the file transfer process.

Then, follow the instructions on how to change the SIN number in TurboTax:

If you are using the online version of the software, you simply go back to the side bar on the left (black section) - click on "My Info" then go down to "Your name Personal Info", you will be able to change your SIN number there.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.