vmv

I transferred $5000 in federal tuition to a parent, and want to transfer the equivalent in provincial, but the software says I have 0 available to transfer.

I have tens of thousands in tuition credits from this year, and I know some were used to offset my income taxes (both federal and provincial), but there should be plenty left to transfer to my parent. 

The federal amount maximum allowed was $5000 and I entered that, but the next window tells me my provincial amount available to transfer is 0. How do I fix this? It's not possible for my provincial taxes to have eaten up all my tuition credits.

Importing your data

What province are you in? Ontario discontinued some tuition credits earned after Sept 4th of 2017.
vmv

Importing your data

Yes, this is for Ontario. My tuition was earned over the whole year, so should I be able to transfer the portion earned before Sept 4?

Importing your data

There are two columns on the tuition fees (Deductions>Students>Tuition Fees) page. The “Total For 2017” is for the federal tax credit, and there you can claim any eligible tuition that you paid during any part of the year. The Jan 1 – Sept 4 column is for the provincial tax credit. If you have eligible tuition for that part of the year, you must fill out this column with those part year amounts to get the provincial credit.