New Member

Can I claim rent for my child going to college

New Member

Investors and rental owners

No.  This is regarded as a personal expense and therefore is not deductible.  However, some provinces offer a credit or benefit for rent paid.  Two that come to mind are Ontario and Manitoba.  What was your child's province of residence on Dec 31?

View solution in original post