New Member

Investors and rental owners

No if you are only renting out a small portion of your property and the rental is incidental to the overall use and purpose of the property it will not impact the tax free Principal Residence Designation. However you must report the income related to the rental (claiming reasonable expenses) and not claim capital cost allowance on the rental unit.

View solution in original post