New Member

Investors and rental owners

Yes you can claim the sale of this house as a capital loss as it was never your primary residence. Additionally any costs you incurred related to this property (legal fees, real estate agent fees, property tax, etc...) would also be considered related costs that you can also claim.

For a full list of what expenses you can include, see this page from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):