New Member

Where do I claim fees paid to a nursing home?

Where would I claim the fees paid by my grandmother who lives in a personal care home (nursing home) in Manitoba? Would I claim this as a medical expense, or as rent paid under the Education Property Tax Credit? Or can I claim the rent paid in both places? She has a T2201 on file with the CRA and has a medical disability. 


Investors and rental owners

This would be claimed under Medical Expenses. 

Please refer to this link for further instructions and fully answer your question.