To report other Self-employment expenses, please follow the steps presented below:
- Go to the top right of your tax return and select "Find” from the menu, and type “business”
- Select “Business profile” from the list of results, then click “Go”
- Go and find the “Business expert interview”, and then select “Continue”.
Depending on how much of your return you've completed so far, so follow the instructions below:
- If you see the Business summary step and want to enter business expenses for a business not listed on the screen, select Enter New Business for <Name>
- If you see the Business summary step and want to enter business expenses for a business listed onscreen, select Edit next to that business
Then continue the instructions on the screen to reach the expenses section. The page title is “let’s look at your work expenses” and click “Continue”
Note: By clicking continue TurboTax will show you separate pages for each type of expense listed.
- Go through the option and find the page with the question “did you pay for office supplies?” and for the how much did you paid for other supplies?” and enter any other office supplies used for your self employment.
- If your expenses do not belong to this type of office expense or any of the categories already presented on TurboTax work expenses in your tax return, you can go and find the page “did you have any other expenses?” by clicking “Continue” through all the expenses section, then enter the total amount of your other expenses. Once you add the new information to your tax return please click “Continue” one time more, to save the changes.
Please note that you will be able to claim other expenses deduction on your tax return; if you paid these to do your work or run your business.
Thank you for using TurboTax