kowkanata

Do you need to fill out part 3D onT2125 if you have a business income and Do not make goods for resale?

We have a business income in construction industry, mostly subcontracting. I'm confused if we need to fill out section 3D in T2125. It indicates on CRA website that "Fill in this part if you have a business and your business buys goods for resale or makes goods for sale."Our company does not buy goods to resale or to make other goods for sale, we only buy supplies and materials that needed to generate our revenue. So, does it mean we should leave a part 3D blank and record the cost of materials and supplies in expense section? PLease help

Self-employed

No worries, here's how to proceed.

Enter your subcontracting expenses in the 3D section. Enter your other supplies, materials, expenses in the expense section of your return.

kowkanata

Self-employed

You get it wrong, we don't have any subcontracts, our revenue is from doing subcontacts

Self-employed

My apologies. I read that as your expenses were mainly subcontracting. You'll still enter your expenses in the expense section rather than in the COGS section.
kowkanata

Self-employed

thanks