dsauve411

How do we report a problem in the online version of turbotax software? Error message is wrong on the business name

The message says "name in not unique". the real error is the name is too long. Why would the name need to be so short?

Self-employed

TurboTax only allows a certain number of characters in many fields. When you attempt to enter a business name that is too long or contains invalid characters, the error message generated says "the business name you have entered is not unique"

We will pass your feedback on to our development team and they can possibly make a change to this message in future update or release of TurboTax that does not cause this confusion.

View solution in original post

myealland

Self-employed

There is no way to input Box 210 Carrying Charges on the T5013 input screen. The amount is on the actual T5013 issued to me and CRA.  I was able to find an alternative way to enter the data and save myself a considerable amount, but this is a flaw in the Turbotax software: if it claims it is downloading my CRA T form data it should do so

Mike

Self-employed

As per the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Box 210: Total carrying charges (multi-jurisdictional) – This amount is your share of the carrying charges for earning all investment income. For limited partners, only the amount that is not restricted by the at-risk rules is included in box 210. Complete the chart for line 22100 using your Federal Worksheet and only enter the carrying charges that are not used to arrive at any net income (loss) reported in another box. Enter the result on line 22100 of your T1 return.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.