New Member

My partner bought shares in a small business in 2011. She recently learned the corporation was dissolved a few years ago. Is it still possible to claim the loss?

The company was a Canadian operation, but it was registered in Nevada.

The loss has not been included in any of her previous tax returns. 

New Member


You might be allowed to report a loss as ABIL ( allowable business investment loss) 

check out if it fits your situation.

You might have to refile you taxes for the year corporation was dissolved to add the loss there.