sacheson13

When will the COVID home office form be integrated into Turbo Tax? As well, when I check off other employment expenses there's no prompt to then enter them.

tayfam
Level 1

Self-employed

I would like to know this too.  I am completely finished except for the expenses and COVID forms.  I have also seen the program putting number under Other Employment Income line 10400 but you can't access it to delete it.

I find this program now to be confusing and frustrating.

Dawn905
Level 2

Self-employed

I'm also waiting for this. My return is complete and ready to file, except for that one deduction.

As a tax credit that likely affects the majority of the country, it's frustrating this wasn't ready for the beginning of tax season.

Edit: at the time of this post I didn’t realize we couldn’t file with CRA until Feb22 and I thought this was holding me up. Good reminder to get all the facts before letting myself get so annoyed.

View solution in original post

sacheson13

Self-employed

100% They've tried to oversimplify the software which instead has had the alternative impact. It is also shocking that this isnt something already built into the software, knowing well in advance that home office expenses would become a lot more prevalent given the events of 2020. 

I'm considering using an alternative software if it isn't incorporated soon. 

lebas66

Self-employed

Same with me. Ready to submit and waiting for this one.

TurboTaxHeba

Self-employed

The Employment Expenses claim has been updated in the software. You have three options:

• Claim the flat rate ($2 per day for a maximum of 200 days)
  • Claim under the T777 form
  • Claim under the T777-s form

Make sure to answer "Yes" at the bottom of your T4 if you are claiming the working from home due to COVID.

I hope this was helpful