kryton
Returning Member

BUG - The line L-9 on Releve-1 is not reflected on line 297 (Miscellaneous deductions)

The deduction for stock options on line L-9 are already calculated by the company with the correct ratio of 25% or 50% for CCPC. The deduction from Releve-1 line L-9 should be carried over to line 297 - https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/completing-your-income-tax-return/completi...

Instead only half of the T4 box 39 deduction is carried over which would only apply to non CCPC companies

kryton
Returning Member

Self-employed

So after long calls with Intuit tax expert, who said yes it is a bug and a technical department who told me that they don't know and I should talk to their tax expert or even better upgrade their solution to even more expensive one I decided to go with H &R Block which calculated the taxes properly.

Self-employed

I have verified this appears to ignore anything in line. L-9 and in fact is using the summary deduction on the Quebec portion from the T-4 and not from the Releve -1.   This is clearly an issue and for anyone getting any stock options it is a serious miscalculation.   

kryton
Returning Member

Self-employed

Turbotax support called me admitting this is a bug, they are working on the fix, no timeline yet.

kryton
Returning Member

Self-employed

Still not fixed by intuit, probably start looking for another solution at this moment

kryton
Returning Member

Self-employed

Looks like intuit decided to not care about this bug and not fix it. 

Use other software to do your taxes.