huyq4153

I got this error message. "You've completed employment expenses for working at home but selected to transfer income to the form for working from home due to COVID-19."

MrsK5
Returning Member

Seniors and students

I have the same  error message and can't file because of it. Did you get help? What is the solution?

Seniors and students

I am having the same issue. I am doing mine and my wife's together. I am a full time employee working from home due to COVID, she is 100% self employed.. I obviously claimed the employment expenses, but I did not check anything for her. Hers keeps giving this error message and it kicks me back to T4's to fix, but she doesn't have a T4. 

MrsK5
Returning Member

Seniors and students

I ended up spending 80 minutes on a service call over this issue. They did try to fix it, but in the end they told me it was not possible to override this error. I was told to start over from scratch, print and mail my return. Utterly abysmal experience. I will not be using TurboTax next year.

Seniors and students

I just called them and they were able to fix mine in about 20 minutes. Basically involved clearing some boxes and re-checking some boxes and the error cleared. 

MrsK5
Returning Member

Seniors and students

Lucky you. They were not able to fix mine. There were several people working on it, all to no avail.

Seniors and students

Did tech support give a list of boxes to clear, refill, check, uncheck, etc.? Or was it 20min of poking around until it worked?

Seniors and students

Same for me. Did you get a fix?