New Member

Seniors and students

I had this exact issue: If you have not made RRSP contributions in a tax year but still want to report or claim a HBP amount you need to enter this amount under a T4RSP - I have clarified both with CRA and Turbo Tax help line - the required amount of the HBP needs to be claimed as RRSP income and needs to be reflected on line 129 of your return. By entering it under T4RSP - in Box 16 "annuities payment" it will reflect on line 129 when you print your return via Turbo Tax.  On T4RSP under section for Name/Optional, I suggest typing "HBP payment".