smac1

Can't Netfile with incorrect error "Your total $ designated as your HBP repayment is > your total RRSP contributions made in 2017." When will this be fixed so I can file?

Seniors and students

The issues with the HBP repayment were resolved in recent updates so you should not be encountering this still. You could try deleting your RRSP information and re-enter it, however, that still may not remove the error message you are seeing.
For this reason, I'm going to direct you towards our Support team so you can proceed with successfully NetFiling your return.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013
smac1

Seniors and students

Thank you.  In the meantime I will try to delete and re-enter my rsp info and see if that helps.
smac1

Seniors and students

Update: I deleted my rsp info and re-entered it and still the same error has appeared.  I will wait to hear from the support team.

Seniors and students

We are not aware of any NetFile errors with the HBP repayment. Please check your entries and ensure your RRSP contribution (if you made one) is entered and the amount you wish to "designate" does not exceed it. When checking this, you should click directly on the RRSP Profile and ensure both boxes "Made RRSP contributions" and "Repayment or withdrawals for the Home Buyers Plans" are checked before continuing. 

When you reach the Home Buyer's Plan Profile page, also make sure the box "Designate an amount as a Home Buyers' Plan repayment" is checked. After verifying the amount you wish to designate as a Home Buyers' Plan repayment is correct, you should be able to successfully NetFile.

smac1

Seniors and students

I'm afraid you've misunderstood my question, the comment box would not let me copy and paste the entire error.  It is this: "Your total amount designated as your HBP and/or LLP repayment is greater than your total RRSP/PRPP contributions made in 2017. You must designate a lesser HBP and/or LLP repayment amount."  I've found it mentioned in the help files and the response by TurboTax has been: "The message is displaying improperly.

We're aware of the issue and have a fix scheduled for this week. In the meantime, you can click the Skip Error button to proceed in your return.

By: TurboTaxJennifer"  
It's been a few weeks and still the error persists, and I cannot Netfile while it is still there.  Yes my repayment amount is correct based on my notice of assessment, and yes I did not designate any RRSP contributions made in 2017 because there were none made in 2017.  Any other ideas?  I seem to be at an impasse.