New Member

Seniors and students

Am I obligated to claim Line 303 Spouse or common-law partner amount? 

Yes, you are obligated to claim if you need the credit.

Or can I leave this unclaimed so we can transfer the tuition to her father?

No, because CRA won't allow you to override the amount.