Here is some info on who should file a tax return:...

Seniors and students

Here is some info on who should file a tax return:

If you are still unsure if you should file a tax return, it would be best to ask the CRA. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA:


The federal tuition credit is a non-refundable tax credit, so you would only receive the credit if you have tax owing. Any remaining credit will be carried forward to future years. Depending on what province/territory you are in you may also be eligible for other credits related to your tuition. Also some provinces have eliminated their tuition tax credits.

This widget could not be displayed.