Level 6

Seniors and students

Hi, thank you for using Intuit Turbo Tax Live Community

Usually IRA income is reported on line 115 and the final US tax paid  is claimed as a foreign tax credit. The Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) has information on reporting IRA income:


Note: To support the claim for income tax required , CRA may ask for a US tax return to support the claim for the final tax paid.

In general if tax is paid to a foreign jurisdiction and not to Canada the claim on the tax return is for a foreign tax credit on the Canadian tax return

Like the link says you should likely contact CRA to get more information

Hope this helps