michael23

"The designated repayment amounts for the Home Buyers' Plan cannot exceed your RRSP contributions for 2014."

Hello,

We are tying to file our taxes online with Intuit TurboTax 2014 for the first time and ran into an issue when trying to add our annual payment for the Home Buyers' Plan.

Error: "The designated repayment amounts for the Home Buyers' Plan cannot exceed your RRSP contributions for 2014."

In the past, we have filed with our accountant, but want to try it ourselves this time online for several reasons.

We have always had the same situation and yet managed to make our annual payments (about $1500) to the HBP program every year EVEN THOUGH we (me and my spouse) never contributed to our RRSP each year.

So our "RRSP contributions for 2014 eligible for repayment" for each of us is 0, since none of us contributed to our RRSP in many years but yet we cannot make our payment of $1500 each since it is greater than $0...

I do not understand how our accountant was able to do this, even though we never contributed to our RRSPs. I looked over the forms he filed last year with CRA, and the 'eligible contributions to RRSP' part was also $0, yet we still each made our $1500 payment.

Please assist.

Thanks!

Mike