Level 6

Seniors and students

You do not have to contribute to your RRSP in the current tax year in order to repay HBP.
But you will have to accept the addition of the annual repayment to your income as an RRSP withdrawal. (CRA treating your unpaid HBP loam amount as a permanent RRSP withdrawal).

If you wish to EFILE or NetFIle, "error" statements must be eliminated from your file setting
In that case, CRA will assess the additional income and tax payable by you.
If yo file on paper, you can add the HBP repayment amount as RRSP withdrawal.