RedCobra

Does T5007 apply to everyone that used social assistance? I was on BC Social Assistance last year and have not received a T5007.

I received a few months of social assistance last year (British Columbia), but I haven't received a T5007 slip in the mail. Do I have to ask the social services office to send me a T5007, or does this usually get sent automatically a little later in the year?

Also, is this amount the total of all the cheques I received for social assistance last year? Because in that case, I already know the amount and can fill it in, and submit my tax return online right away, instead of having to wait to receive a copy of the slip.

Seniors and students

The T5007, like T4's and T5's has to be sent out, no later than the 28'th of February.  It is always best to wait for the slips.

View solution in original post

RedCobra

Seniors and students

Thanks, I called the ministry today and they confirmed it will go out at the end of the month. But when I asked, they did tell me the T5007 amount, and it was as I had calculated (it is simply the sum of all the social assistance cheques). So I'm going to go ahead and file my return (well actually, it seems that CRA NETFILE is not available until Feb. 9th, so I have to wait).

Seniors and students

As well, T5007 amounts themselves are not taxed. You still report them in the T-slip section on Turbotax.

Seniors and students

Generally yes, you should have all your payments included.
Ask for the T5007 if you don't get it soon.