mglenn

How do I enter charitable donations?

I have $1753 in charitable donations

Credits and deductions

When using TurboTax Standard, you will be asked if you made charitable donations in the profile section of your return.  Answer Yes to the question and then you will be prompted to select which type of donation you made.  You will then be able to fill out the details of your donation in the deductions section of your return.

View solution in original post

Credits and deductions

Hi, I have been using the Turbo Tax Premier for years but this year my situation is simpler so using the Standard version. I indicate that I have charitable donations, and none of the secondary options apply to me, and then I am never promoted to enter the donations. I tried it twice.
vivianfeng0826
Returning Member

Credits and deductions

When I entered my charitable donations, the Turbo Tax asked me to upgrade before it can proceed to next step?? my donations are shown on my T4 and it is not a locked item on my page. Why you set it up in this way??

cjuliustc
Returning Member

Credits and deductions

have not entered the charitable donations

Credits and deductions

If you are using TurboTax Online - You will go to the top right, type in Donations Profile- highlight and click on Go.

Check off the second box: Donation receipts made to a qualified charitable organization not reported on a T-Slip

Continue- Enter your donation amount and continue- Then click on "Done with donations".

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.