TurboTax is reporting the amounts correctly on you...

Credits and deductions

 TurboTax is reporting the amounts correctly on your tax returns.

  • TurboTax reports the T5007 amounts on one taxpayer's return in accordance with the following CRA rule:

If you are married or in a common-law partnership, the person who has the higher net income must report the Social Assistance payments from the T5007 slip. For the purposes of this reporting requirement, the CRA takes into account your marital or partnership status on the last day of the tax year for which you are filing. 


  • In regards to your UCCB, for the 2017 tax year, you should have only received an RC62 slip for the UCCB if you received "backpay". And CRA requires that this is reported on the "Lower income earner". 

The Family Caregiver Amount has been replaced by the Canada Caregiver Credit and does not require that your husband have an income of zero. The software will make the correct calculations based on your entries and give you the available credits.



This widget could not be displayed.