Warning: 'You are a resident of ON & claiming child care expense deduction. Review your eligibility for the CARE tax credit.' Is something entered wrong? How do I review?

Credits and deductions

If you are claiming child care expenses on your tax return and you are an Ontario resident, then you will go to the "Deductions" tab - "Child Care Expenses"  to edit or enter the information required to claim this credit.

For more information on the "Ontario Child Care Tax Credit", please review this link

Credits and deductions

I am a CPA and have used Turbo Tax to keep my family taxes off my firms server.  Our family income exceeds $150K and I was surprised that the program gave us the full credit. I had to over ride the credit to nil.  Very disappointed in the program as this is a basic test and we should not have to check to confirm we qualify for this type of subsidy.  

spb_rec
Returning Member

Credits and deductions

Hello - is the family income mentioned is total income of family or the net income(after deductions)

Credits and deductions

Your net income is used to calculate federal and provincial or territorial non-refundable tax credits.

The CRA also uses your net income, and your spouse's or common-law partner's net income if you are married or living common-law, to calculate amounts such as the Canada child benefit, GST/HST credit, social benefits repayment, and certain other credits.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

spb_rec
Returning Member

Credits and deductions

hello,

My family net income is less than 150k. I added Childcare expenses in the deductions tab. 

I could see the childcare expense deductions on the Federal "Child and disability supports deductions".

But, I don't see any deductions or credits on the Provincial Tax summary .

Ontario childcare access and relief from expenses (CARE) tax credit --> this doesnot show any amount .

Is this a bug on the TurboTax ?? Let me know if I should resubmit the returns to claim this credit ??