ralph-katzenburg
Returning Member

How do I claim Childcare Access and Relief from Expenses tax credit?

I believe I'm eligible but Turbotax online never gives me the option to claim as I'm filing. I have filled out childcare expenses section, however when I get to my provincial summary it says that I have not claimed the Childcare Access and Relief from Expenses tax credit. 

Credits and deductions

You will go to the "Deduction" section of your return, and continue until you get to the page where it shows;

Childcare Access and Relief from Expenses (CARE) tax credit

You are claiming child care expenses and might be eligible for an additional tax credit for residents of Ontario.
A supporting person is a person other than (one of) you who meets all of the following conditions:
They were a resident of Ontario at the end of 2019
They lived with you at any time in 2019 and at any time in the first 60 days of 2020, and were any of the following:
  • the eligible child’s parent
  • your spouse or common-law partner, if you are the mother or father of the eligible child
  • an individual claiming any of these amounts for the eligible child:
    • The amount for an eligible dependant
    • Canada caregiver amount
For each eligible child, there may be one or more support persons.
Continue- and it will calculate your tax credit if you are eligible.

Credits and deductions

I need help. I'm at this part.  My spouse and I are filing together. He is lower income then me so he claimed the child care.expenses.  it asks aaron to select all that apply 

you

Spouse/partner

Someone else.

Do we leave each spot above to checkmark blank? As soon as he select "you" or either of the