suenuhn

How do i refile to claim care givers tax credit

Credits and deductions

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

If you were eligible in past years but didn’t take the credit, you can go back to your old returns and make changes through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)

• You can make changes to a filed tax return by filing an adjustment. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), requires that you wait until you’ve received your Notice of Assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you.

How you file your adjustment depends on how your original tax return was filed, and whether it was a federal or Québec return. Instructions on filing adjustments for both scenarios are provided below:

Filing adjustments to a Federal tax return

If you filed your original tax return using CRA’s NETFILE service:

1. Sign in to your online TurboTax account for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for.
  2. In Return Manager, select the ReFILE button beside the filed tax return you want to adjust.

If you printed and mailed your original tax return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:

1. See the CRA’s How to change your return page for how to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail.

Filing adjustments to a Québec return

Online editions of TurboTax don’t currently support ReFILE of federal tax returns for residents of Québec.

To make an adjustment to a Québec return, see Revenu Quebec’s Changing an income tax return that you have already filed page for instructions on how to make an adjustment online in your Revenu Québec My Account, or by mail.

*Note: This service is no longer available for tax returns in 2017 or prior years

For further information on ReFILE please click:  https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-...

View solution in original post