svromana

Can I override the caregiver amount?

In the Easy Steps questions, I have selected that I am NOT eligible for the Canada CareGiver amount, but on Schedule 5 line 5109 it is automatically claiming the amount for  Canada CareGiver and I cannot remove this - it just gives me a popup telling me it is a calculated field.  How do I get this credit out of Schedule 5?

Filing

In the Intro section of your return (Easy Step), there's a spot in the Contact Info section to indicate whether or not your spouse qualifies for the Canada Caregiver Amount. It's within the disabled question. If you've answered that question (regarding your spouse) in your profile as No, the credit should be removed from the Schedule 5.

If the answer is currently Yes, change it to No and then select Continue at the bottom of the Contact Info screen to save your selection.

svromana

Filing

If you had read my question properly, you would see that I have already answered that section in the Easy Step with NO and it still won’t remove the credit from my form

Filing

I read your question fully. That is the correct way to fix the issue in a coupled return. Answer No and then choose Continue to save the selection. I have recreated the issue and by selecting No and saving the entry, the credit is removed on the S5. If this is not the case for you and you have ensured all updates to your software have been performed, please contact our phone support team for assistance. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1467699-i-want-to-talk-to-someone-how-do-i-phone-you