Filing a T4 and as a Sole Proprietor

If I have had a full-time job this past year and have received a T4, but also from previous years I had a business as a sole proprietor where no income was made in 2020 (but there was income in past years) but incurred losses in 2020 to keep certain aspects of the business running for past clients how do I go about filing all of that in turbo tax?

Filing

We recommend that you use TurboTax Self-Employed to prepare your taxes. It has an expanded Self-Employment section, with more step-by-step assistance than our other products have. If you have already started your tax returns with a different version of TurboTax, you can always upgrade if you need more guidance.

If you find you still need more help, you can upgrade to Assist & Review Self-Employed and have a Tax Expert answer your questions. They will also review your return before you file.

Or, if you would rather have a professional do your taxes for you, you can choose our Live Full Service Self-Employed. A Tax Expert will prepare your return for you, including your GST/HST return (if applicable). Audit Defence is also included, so you’ll have help if the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) audits your return.

You can see all of our Self-Employed related products on our website: Self-Employed Taxes