How do I find line 236 (net income) of my spouses 2016 if he has not filed yet either? Trying to file both of ours and neither have filed for 2016 so there is no line 236

It is requesting my spouses net income(line 236) from his 2016 return but he has not yet filed either.

Filing

When you don’t know your spouse's 236 and can’t find out through reasonable means, the Canada Revenue Agency recommends that you enter your best estimate.

View solution in original post

lyndon2

Filing

Or intuit could actually allow "net income, line 236, line 23600" to be searchable.  Then I could determine what number I need to carry to the other spouses form.  It seems to assume I have a paper copy showing me what that line is.  There is ZERO line numerical reference on any of the pages.  

Filing

When you don’t know your spouse’s income and can’t find out through reasonable means, the CRA recommends that you enter your best estimate.

• The CRA will assess you and your spouse’s (or former spouse’s) returns together to ensure that the credits and deductions were correctly applied between you. If there’s any inaccuracy or mismatch, they’ll reassess your returns

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.