Hi, as Delphision mention, CRA should have a recor...
New Member


Hi, as Delphision mention, CRA should have a record on file for you that you submitted a T1213 form, and that it must be approved.  You should have received a letter from CRA stating that yes, reduced tax withholding on your severance is approved, and I hope you gave a copy to your payroll. Should you have any further concerns, you are free to call CRA at 1-800-959-8281 to check things out.  Your severance payment is straight cash on your tax return to report on line 130, but then you get the RRSP deduction. This gives you a nice break.  Did you get a tax slip for your severance payment?  Form T4A slip is issued a lot for lump sum amount, in that situation you could report the income tax withholding, had you have any. This is one question you ask to CRA.
This widget could not be displayed.